Sunday, April 08, 2007

Rain, Bad Cyclists, Great Company, Sore Muscles

Met up with RL and CC to go East Coast Park today. It's been quite some time since I last went to ECP, so was definitely looking forward to it. Felt like a mini CT7 gathering of sorts, since we were all from the same class when we were in JC. This was the 1st time in a long time that I went out with both of them at the same time too. While on the way there, we were reminiscing about the days when we were in JC, and also indulged in some healthy gossips about our other classmates.
We got caught in the rain as soon as we reached ECP, however. So being pigs, we decided to have teabreak (I didn't have my lunch, so it was something of a late lunch too, hahaha). Continued talking and joking, and oogled at dogs and a cute Australian!
The rain finally stopped an hour later, so RL and me went to rent our bikes while our dear CC brought his blades to blade. We went on and on, and we cycled all the way to Safra Resort, which is near Changi. Everything was uneventful, until we decided to turn back.
While cycling back to where we first started out, I had a near collision with a girl, who, for God-knows-what-reason, was not looking at where she was cycling. What's even worse was the she was cycling on the wrong side of the road! She just suddenly turned her bike towards the side of the lane that I was cycling on. Luckily, I reacted fast enough to avoid a head on collision with her, missing by just a mere centimetres.
My dear bag was not that lucky though. It got caught on the girl's handle and the strap broke, promptly dropping on the ground with a thud. I was darn pissed off! The girl apologised, but I could not be bothered to say much to her. I was on the verge of scolding her for not looking at where she was going, and I knew if I opened my mouth, worse things will come flying out. So I just took my bag, tied a temporary knot and went on cycling. CC, on seeing what happened, and being such a dear, offered to help carry my bag by stuffing it into his humungous duffel bag. I accepted, and I cycled with renewed vigour, which was a result of that accident. Barely 20 minutes from my accident, CC had an accident too, with another idiot nontheless, and grazed his right arm. Luckily the injury was not very bad, and we were reaching our destination.
We walked to Marine Parade hawker centre with weak knees and tired bodies after me and RL returned out bikes and CC washed his injury. CC had fried kway teow, RL and me fried hokkien mee, and the 3 of us shared a plate of fried oyester with eggs, all downed with a big cup of sugarcane juice. *burps*
Walked for abit at Parkway Parade and headed home.
Enjoyed my day out today, especially with such great company from RL and CC. It would have been better if not for the 2 bad cyclists. To all out there who cycle or blade at East Coast Park, please, no matter what, KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE ROAD! It's bad enough that it's crowded during weekends and the lanes are narrow, so please do your bit by being more careful. Let's make every trip to the park enjoyable and not one that's filled with accidents.
Haha I am pigging out on Kinder Bueno as I a writing all these. And my leg muscles are hurting.

No comments: