Tuesday, April 10, 2007

I Am Sick

Am totally sick now. Woke up at 4am this morn, and felt my tummy churning and as if something was gong to come up from my mouth. I immediately went to the toilet (luckily it's just right outside my room) and started vomitting. I thought I would be okay after this, but vomitted like 3 more times throughout the night. My tummy felt totally bloated, as if someone had pumped lotsa air inside. Had diarrhea too. By the time I was done, I was totally weak and tired.
I woke up at 9 odd, showered, and had my mum take me to the doc's. The doctor didn't know what was wrong with me too. He only said that I might have some viral infection, gave me medicine and MC and said that if I were to come down with fever, I should go back to the clinic.
After I was done at the clinic, I asked my mum to drive me to the train station so that I could go back and rush a report (where do you find such a deidcated employee like me? hahaha). Big misake mans. I was breaking out in cold sweat and felt woozy throughout the whole journey. Even while I made my way up to my office, I could feel that my legs were giving way. The road to the office never felt so long.
Finally made my way to my office without fainting. But I couldn't take it any longer. Asked my colleague to help me finish the report, and went to take the train back, 1 hour after I stepped into the office. So wanted to take the cab, but it was difficult to catch one at lunch hour. Mum came to pick me up at the train station, where I slept like a rock throughout the whole train journey home. Once I reached home, I plonked myself onto my bed and slept for the whole afternoon.
Totally hated the feeling of vomiting. And I wonder why there are bulimics out there who use this method to control their weight. Your throat feels dry and parched, and it certainly didn't taste nor smell good when you throw up your food.
Whatever infection that I have right now, I certainly do not want to vomit another time for the rest of my life. Horrible feeling!
Funny how being sick makes me crave for certain food. Lychees, mango sago, ice cold sprite, milk tea... ...

1 comment:

pea said...

take care babe!! i am recovering from my cough still..can you believe it!(finished my medicine and the cough's still lingering..)